Saturday, December 26, 2009

G'DAY FIRST POST!

So after one of my best friends, miss Kate Bailey, talked and talked and talked about her new blog, I decided to give this a shot. Friends from previous semesters have maintained blogs, and have done a great job, so I have a lot to live up to. This is a pretty intimidating undertaking, if I say so myself. Not only do I have to remember and explain my life on a day to day or week to week basis, but I need to attempt to stop myself from saying SLASH before every sentence, and from abbreviating every other word, because people say that I do that. I personally don't know what they're talking about, but it's cool. : )

After I got over my apprehensions, I created my account and got going.
Step 1 in creating a ballin blog: epic title. When coming up with a title, I sought out help from a few of my friends to do so. They offered choices like: "Griffstralia", "The wild Griffberries: Adventures in Australia", "Kangaroos, Koalas, Kgriff oh my!", "You sound like you're from Australia", "K.Griff goes Aussie"...the list goes on. I personally wanted to go with "I'm in Australia, bitch" but felt that I should censor myself and remain PG, at least in the title. So "KGriff takes on Australia" it is..at least for now. I feel like its general enough to go in a bunch of different directions, yet very to the point.
Step 2: find a pretty pic and pimp out my blog. I think I succeeded in that endeavor, as I spent about an hour playing with colors and pictures. heyo spare time.
Step 3: write about my life. I decided to do a blog to not only share my experiences and adventures with my friends, but to also use this as a journal to document everything for myself. I know that every day will be filled with new ideas, thoughts, jokes, memories, quotes from people that I meet, and more. I want to be able to recount all of these times on my blog.

So here goes nothing!

3 comments:

  1. It's SMASHING Darling! Isn't that what Mr. Thornberry would always say? I hope so. I can't wait to learn about all or your adventures, and the ballin-factor of the color/ pic combo is outstanding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've inspired me. I need to make a blog for Italy. Slash, if you're taking a vote, I think the title "I'm in Australia, bitch" is the best option. But seriously, love it already and can't wait to read all about your wild Aussie adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too! i need a blog. also, i have a few demands as one of your biffs....first one is to get a shout out from time to time :) more later haha <3

    ReplyDelete